Are you excited to make a difference?
Are you ready to use your powers for good?
Are you passionate about developing user journeys?
We’re looking for an experienced and proactive Senior User Experience Designer to take a leading role in drawing together our clients’ business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities to design simple and intuitive services and products.
You’ll apply a user-centred design methodology from start to finish as part of a multidisciplinary team, testing and iterating your designs based on user behaviour and feedback.
You’ll also be involved in planning our approach to new business, coaching and mentoring colleagues and supporting recruitment into the team.
Your Essential Skills
- Leading on the delivery of suitable design solutions which meet user needs and organisation needs, and reflect known best practices and project constraints
- Planning appropriate user-centred design approaches based on project requirements, desired outcomes and known constraints, user flows, journeys and information architecture that are intuitive for users to navigate through an end-to-end service or product
- Creating prototypes of an appropriate fidelity for their purpose, including sketches, wireframes and HTML prototypes (e.g. using prototype kits)
- Providing and implementing recommendations for iterations or improvements based on regular user research, analytics,
behavioural data and testing feedback
- Communicating your ideas and rationale/evidence clearly and persuasively to team members and stakeholders, advocating for user-centred design
- Ensuring your designs are accessible to everyone, including users with visual, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments, achieving AA standard as a minimum
- Confident in managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders of varying seniority levels, and using your influencing skills to achieve the best outcomes for users and the business
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying accessibility principles to your designs, ensuring they are accessible to everyone, including users with visual, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments, achieving AA standard as a minimum
- Experience in managing, mentoring and upskilling team members and other people in user-centred design methods and ways of working
- Experience of working within an agile delivery environment, as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Comfortable working remotely, and willing to travel to client sites when needed
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous experience of working on government services, delivering to the Government Service Standard
- Experience and understanding of other areas of user-centred design, such as User Research or Content Design, in order to support the wider team where needed
- Experience in planning and facilitating co-design workshops to generate ideas based on research insights, and move the project forward
Values and behaviours
- Approach your work with curiosity, focus and attention to detail
- Work openly and transparently, actively sharing learnings with the wider Difrent and client teams through communities of practice, and externally through blogs or podcasts
- Comfortable managing competing priorities and requests, and delivering at pace
- Proactive and take ownership of your work, knowing what needs to be done, and delivering to a high standard
- Collaborate and build relationships with team members within and outside of your own discipline, combining your expertise to co-design the best solution for the user and the organisation
Closing date: 31 August 2021
- 24 days holiday + your birthday off
- 2 charity days
- Private vitality healthcare
- £200 yearly working from home allowance
- Share incentive plan
If you’re a Senior UX Designer looking for an exciting challenge with a company that invests in your personal development, this is a fantastic opportunity to be working as part of Difrent and Panoply! Our team is passionate about diversity and inclusion, and therefore would welcome applications from people with disabilities and from diverse backgrounds.