We’re looking for an empathetic, pragmatic and experienced Product Manager to work with our clients to ensure delivery of quality Products and Services that meet user needs and business objectives.
• Own the vision for the product, working with the client and stakeholders to ensure strategic fit and engaging the multidisciplinary teams to maintain alignment and buy-in.
• Develop the product strategy and manage the product roadmap as well as prioritising the product backlog through a range of techniques to maximise value and return on investment.
• Identify and communicate user needs to the teams through the creation of backlog items (user stories) and representing users and other stakeholders at team meetings such as planning and review sessions.
• Define product goals and metrics, monitoring performance against outcomes.
• Manage, influence and negotiate stakeholder relationships and communicate progress and achievements, championing the product within the department.
• Ensure the product is developed to an appropriate level of quality taking into consideration expected lifetime, investment and timeframes.
• Understands tools, terms and concepts used to deliver a product and how they can be adapted, and applied to different phases of delivery.
• Understands what problem the team is trying to solve. Can align user research activities to inform decision making and action.
• Recognises when to move from one stage of a product lifecycle to another. Ensures the team is working towards the appropriate service standards for the relevant phase. Able to manage the delivery products or services at different phases.
• Communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact; encouraging the use of different communication methods, including digital resources and highlighting the benefits, including ensuring cost-effectiveness, always ensuring communication has a clear purpose and takes into account people’s individual needs.
• Ensure clients, colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and time-frames; Taking into account different individual needs, views, and ideas, championing inclusion and equality of opportunity for all and considering the impacts of own and team’s activities on stakeholders and end-users.
• Understand the strategic drivers for your area of work and align activities to contribute to wider priorities; remaining alert to emerging issues and trends which might impact your work area and understanding how the strategies and activities of the team create value and meet the diverse needs of all stakeholders
• Experience working on services that have been through Digital Service Standard assessments.
• Experience working as a Delivery Manager with cross-functional skills
• Experience leading and managing teams and line managing others.
• Experience within the Health sector
• GDS Product Management Qualification or similar.
• Experience working in a ‘supplier’ type organisation
• Approach your work with curiosity, focus and attention to detail
• Work openly and transparently, encouraging your team to actively share learnings with the wider Difrent and client teams through communities of practice, and externally through blogs or podcasts
• Comfortable managing competing priorities and requests, and delivering at pace
• Proactive and take ownership of your work, knowing what needs to be done and delivering to a high standard
• Collaborate and build relationships with team members within and outside of your own team, combining your expertise to deliver the best solution for the user and the organisation
Our culture is founded on passion, creativity and honesty. As a business, we are energetic and encourage people to be who they really are.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion, and therefore would welcome applications from people with disabilities and from diverse backgrounds.
We’re a remote-first organisation, and offer a flexible work pattern, helping you to balance your job with your other priorities such as childcare or your health/wellbeing.
We have an ambitious growth plan at Difrent, which is part of the Panoply group, giving employees the opportunity to deliver impactful and meaningful change for our Health and Social Care, Government and Private Sector clients.
How to apply
Please send your CV to our internal recruitment team at - firstname.lastname@example.org