We’re looking for an experienced and proactive Senior User Experience Designer to take a leading role in drawing together our clients’ business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities to design simple and intuitive services and products.
You’ll apply a user-centred design methodology from start to finish as part of a multidisciplinary team, testing and iterating your designs based on user behaviour and feedback.
You’ll also be involved in planning our approach to new business, coaching and mentoring colleagues, and supporting recruitment into the team.
• Leading on the delivery of design solutions which meet user needs and organisation goals, and reflect known best practices and project constraints
• Experience of planning appropriate user-centred design approaches based on project requirements, desired outcomes and known constraints
• Planning user flows, journeys and information architecture that are intuitive for users to navigate through an end-to-end service or product
• Creating prototypes of an appropriate fidelity for their purpose, including sketches, wireframes and HTML prototypes (e.g. using prototype kits)
• Providing and implementing recommendations for iterations or improvements based on regular user research, analytics, behavioural data and testing feedback
• Communicating your ideas and rationale/evidence clearly and persuasively to team members and stakeholders, advocating for user-centred design
• Confident in managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders of varying seniority levels, and using your influencing skills to achieve the best outcomes for users and the business
• Strong knowledge and experience of applying accessibility principles to your designs, ensuring they are accessible to everyone, including users with visual, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments, achieving AA standard as a minimum
• Experience of managing, mentoring and upskilling team members and other people in user-centred design methods and ways of working
• Experience of working within an agile delivery environment, as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Comfortable working remotely, and willing to travel to client sites when needed
• Previous experience of working on government services, delivering to the Government Service Standard
• Experience and understanding of other areas of user-centred design, such as User Research or Content Design, in order to support the wider team where needed
• Experience of planning and facilitating co-design workshops to generate ideas based on research insights, and move the project forward
• Approach your work with curiosity, focus and attention to detail
• Work openly and transparently, actively sharing learnings with the wider Difrent and client teams through communities of practice, and externally through blogs or podcasts
• Comfortable managing competing priorities and requests, and delivering at pace
• Proactive and take ownership of your work, knowing what needs to be done and delivering to a high standard
• Collaborate and build relationships with team members within and outside of your own discipline, combining your expertise to co-design the best solution for the user and the organisation
Our culture is founded on passion, creativity and honesty. As a business, we are energetic and encourage people to be who they really are.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion and would actively encourage applications from disabled and diverse applicants.
We’re a remote-first organisation, and offer a flexible work pattern, helping you to balance your job with your other priorities such as childcare or your health/wellbeing to help you maintain your work/life balance.
We have an ambitious growth plan at Difrent, which is part of the Panoply group, giving employees the opportunity to deliver impactful and meaningful change for our Health and Social Care, Government and Private Sector clients.
How to apply
Please send your CV to our internal recruitment team at - firstname.lastname@example.org