We're looking for a curious and empathetic Service Designer who thrives when collaborating with others to design effective, user-centred services.
You’ll work within a multi-disciplinary team, understanding user needs and organisational requirements to make evidence-based decisions when designing and improving end-to-end services.
• Awareness of qualitative and quantitative research methods, supporting User Researchers to uncover insights and user needs
• Understanding and documenting ‘as is’ service journeys. Identifying pain points, inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement across whole services
• Facilitating effective co-design workshops to determine future service vision, journeys, processes and interactions
• Aligning multidisciplinary teams to ensure a holistic, joined-up service is created for users
• Translating user needs and organisational requirements into effective ‘to be’ service design. Working within project constraints, challenging where appropriate
• Ability to create low fidelity prototypes to communicate ideas and concepts, e.g. sketches or wireframes
• Providing and implementing recommendations for iterations or improvements based on regular user research, analytics, behavioural data and testing feedback
• Creating high-quality service design deliverables such as personas, journey maps and service blueprints
• Effective communication of design ideas and intent. Bringing the future vision to life using storytelling and visualisation techniques, building engagement
• Communicating with an evidence-based rationale to team members and stakeholders, advocating for user-centred design
• Ability to identify measures of success, tracking the effectiveness of service changes
• Comfortable working remotely, and willing to travel to client sites when needed
• Previous experience of working on government services, delivering to the Government Service Standard
• Previous experience of working within an agile delivery environment, as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to create higher fidelity / HTML prototypes where appropriate to communicate ideas
• Experience and understanding of other areas of user-centred design, such as User Research in order to support the wider team where needed
• Experience of mentoring and up-skilling other people in user-centred design methods and ways of working
• Approach your work with curiosity, focus and attention to detail
• Work openly and transparently, actively sharing learnings with the wider Difrent and client teams through communities of practice, and externally through blogs or podcasts
• Comfortable managing competing priorities and requests, and delivering at pace
• Proactive and take ownership of your work, knowing what needs to be done and delivering to a high standard
• Collaborate and build relationships with team members within and outside of your own discipline, combining your expertise to co-design the best solution for the user and the organisation
• Self-starter, keen to learn and develop
Our culture is founded on passion, creativity and honesty. As a business, we are energetic and encourage people to be who they really are.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion and would actively encourage applications from disabled and diverse applicants.
We’re a remote-first organisation, and offer a flexible work pattern, helping you to balance your job with your other priorities such as childcare or your health/wellbeing to help you maintain your work/life balance.
We have an ambitious growth plan at Difrent, which is part of the Panoply Group, giving employees the opportunity to deliver impactful and meaningful change for our Health and Social Care, Government and Private Sector clients.
How to apply
Please send your CV to our internal recruitment team at - email@example.com